06-08-2015, 01:15 PM   #21
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA135i View Post
They have been in business for 11 years and modded many many cars. My car is a N54 but I do respect their opinion. I know you are in the business of selling charge pipes ..correct? Does that factor in?

I did order an intercooler from you guys so I'm not saying you don't sell quailty parts.

If they are the most common component to fail why haven't they had that experience in 11 years?

Every part will fail on a car eventually.

I also called the tuner today about this. The tune DOES make a difference. OE tuning stays within safe parameters. They told me it is not needed.

Why would BOTH the tuner and the independent shop tell me for my application it is not needed? Why would they care if I bought one or not?
They were just giving me honest advice.

This post does say N55. I have an N54 so if their is a difference between the two then you may be right. But I will be taking the advice of my shop on my car. My comments are related to my car. I wouldn't have posted to this thread, but I assumed the charge pipes are the same on both.
We are in the business of selling most if not all components for these cars, i dont just go around tell people to change stuff just so i can make a profit.
So no the fact that we sell parts is not a factor.

Stock charge pipe being a weak component and failing even under stock boost is a fact.

I respect their opinion as well, and with all due respect they are wrong.

Another red flag for me is that you mentioned in your first post that they told you a piggy could damage the charge pipe but a flash does not. This shows that they do not have enough experience or knowledge on this subject. The fact whether the ECU knows the actual boost would not have any effects on the charge pipe.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0