03-24-2017, 11:04 AM   #92
muddtt
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i (E88)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dthltm View Post
Can you tell me a little bit more like if you wrapped all the holes including the little ones or just the three major ones, or had them welded shut? If you could also post or PM me some pics to show the condition of your setup just to make sure it isn't wrecked or beat to shit.

Last questions for everyone:

1) Do I have to do the golf tee mod to bring out the benefits and/or prevent the exhaust from building pressure and blowing the welds or wrap off?
2) How closely does this get to BMW PE levels of burble/pops and volume?

If I can get answers to those then I think I am your buyer for $150 shipped to Dallas, TX 75206.

Thanks everyone, sorry still fairly new to this.
Well to start, it would probably cost $150 just to ship it to dallas.

1) Golf tee mod just opens up the sound a little more. You could try it on your current exhaust just to see what it does. The pressure it causes or relieves doesn't matter to the wrapping.

2) I've never heard the BMW PE exhaust in person. If you just want more burbles I'd suggest trying the MHD tuning software. You can program in the levels of burbles. Here's a video of my setup. The difference is a bit more distinct than in the video. The video shows some pictures of how its wrapped.

3) The holes were wrapped with header wrap and stainless steel hose clamps. Both the large and small holes.

4) I'll add, for the N54 this mod is perfect with the N55 midpipes. Otherwise it is a very mild difference.

by
N55 midpipes in picture are already sold.
Appreciate 0