View Single Post
      03-08-2010, 03:27 PM   #66
Joraq
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

It is about the money

I think we (bmw enthusiasts) forget that it all boils down to the mighty euro( or dollar).. A product is developed to make money. If the M1 isn't feasible, it won't be made, regardless of whoever comes on this site and speaks about it.

BMW's goals are not to satisfy our needs in creating an M1 we will all like. Bimmerpost clearly does not make up the majority of the market. However, internet enthusiasts on bimmerpost offer free advertising and help raise awareness.. All for FREEE $$$$..

When companies sell cars at a loss, i.e. some exotics, these cars bring brand recognition and capitol in the form of recognition/association. This is often the purpose of halo cars. The M1 will have to supercede the M3 if BMW wants to make it a current E30 M3. What would all the M3 fanboys (e90's excluded due to 4 door practicality) say if BMW marketed the M1 as it's true successor?? The M3 would have to occupy a new niche.

Scott said it couldn't tread on the toes of the M3.. It has to be better in order to be a success to purists. BMW should not follow porsche with the cayman/911 debacle. If the M1 is not better, as said by others, it will fail. BMW has to work this out. I would tend to agree that the F20 will be a better start. The new cars are supposed to eventually have M variants sooner anyway.

That being said, don't get to wrapped up in hype, enjoy what you have.. This philosophy works better as a life principle.
Appreciate 0