Matticus91
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertman123 View Post
You've piqued my interest...

Someone order it for science. Or a diff expert explain why this is a great/awful idea.
I might contact them and see what kind of discount I can get, and give this a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02Pilot View Post
From the limited info I can find they seem to be targeted at the drift crowd. I'm no diff expert, but the theory seems reasonable. Durability is the obvious unknown. The diff in my 2002 needs to come out to be resealed anyway...hmmmm....
Do iittttttt!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swunder View Post
I can't imagine inserting some cheap Chinese part for what puts power to the wheels being a good idea.
For $300 it might be worth the trial, if it toasts the diff I've seen new ones at my local yard for less than $200.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
Here is a link to their website & a couple of videos. The FAQ says their units require service every 2 years. Interesting...

https://www.racingdiffs.com/progress...nversion-sets/
Good info, 2 years is totally on point with most diff servicing

Quote:
Originally Posted by xQx View Post
A 2 year service claim for a clutch diff is pretty reasonable. I've seen loads of different numbers (from 3k miles to 10k miles) so I do mine annually.

Honestly, a real LSD is 'only' $1k - $1.5k more... as with most things on our cars, if you're going to the trouble of removing the thing and rebuilding it, isn't it worth spending a bit extra and doing it right the first time?

On the flip side, welding your diff costs nothing and while it's a bitch to drive on the road, (I must say driving an aggressive race/clutch diff on the road isn't always fun) it would probably be more reliable, more predictable, and cheaper.
Saving $1k alone is worth it to me, extremely reasonable price. ESPECIALLY if it works well.