View Single Post
      12-01-2018, 09:16 AM   #25
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matticus91 View Post
Would you be comfortable doing a cost breakdown? Honestly this seems to be a pretty linear decision set as far as price vs value but it's good to hear opinions at each price point. If I could be at under 2k for just the Diff I'd be very happy.

Also did you do the full pumpkin or just diff?
Sure. I got the full pumpkin from synchrotech. You do NOT want to deal with the machining necessary for our welded ring.

MFactory 3.08 Diff in Large casing was $2500 with core I believe. Maybe a bit more, came with paid return shipping label for the stock diff.
Bimmerworld aluminium RSFB $280
YCW Reinforced axles $1000

I also did M3 lower camber links, sourced those from a pick and pull for $80 each
YCW custom valved M3 rear dampers $300ea
HPA custom M3 rear headlight bracket $60

Plus shipping for the random bits, and hardware. Hardware was around $100 total

Make sure you have a diff lockdown of some sort too. Tons available. BMS has a new one that is cheap and looks solid as hell. I have one made by a forum member, been on for probably 2 years and doing fine.

True solid RSFBs have to be pressed in to the subframe, so factor some shop install costs. I had it all done as I'm now working 80hr+ weeks and have zero time to work on my car anymore. Added a solid chunk to the cost of the job.
I don't say this to be a woe is me thing, just don't forget about install costs when tallying for a big job like this.

Last edited by ShocknAwe; 12-01-2018 at 09:29 AM..
Appreciate 0