View Single Post
      10-17-2019, 10:13 AM   #2
b1aze
Just one more taste...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i 6MT MSport

This area will be for progress updates, pictures and anything else I think is worth posting.

9-19-2019
I purchased a set of ASA AR1s in 18x8 ET40 from a local 1er owner with the intentions of cleaning, stripping and refinishing the wheels. The ultimate goal is 235/40/18 all the way around.

9-22-2019
I purchased a 3Stage Intake manifold and BMW diagnostics computer/BimmerGeeks cable from another local BMW owner. The price was too good to pass up but it will be a while before I get around to a proper install. The large DISA valve is a bit floppy but overall seems to be a great option. BimmerGeeks offers a 130i OEM flash to allow the DISAs to work properly. (no picture currently)

10-5-2019
I replaced the armrest lid with a lightly used one as the latch was broken when I received it. Really easy swap!

10-11-2019
Ordered the following from Tischer:
52302208036 Seat Belt Holder(s)
35002213213 BMW Performance Pedal Set
51470027792 BMW Performance Foot Rest
25110435848 BMW Performance Shift Boot
63257164978 3rd Brake Light (slight cracking across the top)

10-14-2019
I installed the BMW Performance Short Shift Kit lever. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! Beautiful snappy shifts!
PN 25117542200
PN 25111220600
PN 25117571899

I also washed, claybarred and applied Meguisr's Hyrbid Ceramic Wax. It took a bit of buffing to get the product evenly spread but its a nice smooth finish after. I am hoping additional applications will make it even smoother.

10-21-19
Installed seat belt holders, replacement 3rd brake light, BMW Performance pedals shift boot and a nice heavy weighted shift knob. Combined with the glacier silver trim, I think it looks pretty clean!

10-28-19
Installed the eBay clutch stop, smoked side markers, cleared a random SES for valveteonic and pretty sure I diagnosed a torn oil filter. Ordered a oil change kit from FCP EURO and have a Blackstone Labs kit ready to go.

11-3-19
76300 miles
Swapped stock wheels for a set of 16” BMW 43s with General Altimax Arctic, added 15mm spacers up front and 20mm spacers in the rear. Changed the oil with LiquiMoly 5W-30 and Mann filter.

12-27-19
It’s been a while since updating but I’ve prepared a lot!
Purchased a full OEM valve cover, ESS and other parts in prep for a confirmed ESS failure causing the codes I cleared above. I’m triple and quadruple checking DIY guides and making sure I know what I’m doing. I’ll tackle it once the weather gets just a bit warmer.

I also sacrificed a 135i BMWP catback exhaust. Got the spacer pipe welded on as the exhaust sealant didn’t hold up. It sounds a LITTLE louder in the cabin but the pitch and tone is MUCH better with windows down and from outside. Exactly what I wanted!

Finally, I placed an order for a set of Enkei NT03RR in 17x8 and 17x9 proper fit for our cars. Silly light wheels and I think the matte gunmetal will look really good on the black. It’ll take at least 2 months to get them so I’ll be deciding on a set of rubbers until then.

1-7-2020
Installed Hella Yellow xenon bulbs in both low and high beam locations. I like it!!

1-11-2020
78900 Miles
Installed the new Eccentric Shaft Sensor, Valve Cover and gaskets, Spark Plugs and Coils from FCP Euro. Also did the charcoal filter delete, swapped in the Spectre Performance filter and did a general intake pathway cleanup. My word what a difference in power, responsiveness AND fuel economy! Its SO SMOOTH! I also decided to sell the ASA AR1's and invest in a proper set of Enkei NT03rr's partly because I haven't seen this setup on a 1er yet. Gotta wait at least 60 days for delivery etc.

1-27-2020
Welp, at around 2:30am I stumbled upon a full electric/memory Terra interior and I couldn’t pass it up. I will likely swap the cushion/upholstery over to the manual frame/rails I have now but for the price, I couldn’t pass them up. I also picked up a super clean set of Fineline Anthracite trim to better match the Terra (hopefully!). I wasn’t able to find a picture with this color combo and it seems neither of these photograph well but look very sharp in person.

2-1-2020
Installed a 3SI with brand new OEM DISA valves, gaskets etc from FCPEuro and also did the OFHG while I was in the area. Scrubbed the intake runners for longer than I want to admit... Ordered a 1M strut brace kit, some interior bits and other small clips and parts from Tischer. Also ordered a Genuine BMWPerformance racing and pin stripe kits just to see how it looks. Can always peel the vinyl back off! Finally gave the Terra seats a proper cleaning and conditioning with Chemical Guys products. Nice feel and pretty decent smell after.

2-17-2020
Finally finished the Terra leather seat swap and finished the install! What a wonderful color!

4-7-2020
Haven't been keeping this up to date lately but I ordered a full water pump and thermostat replacement kit as well as the last bits and pieces needed to install the BMWPerformance brake kit. Also picked up bits to install Bilstein B6 and Swift Springs from ShockandAwe

6-14-2020
Well it’s been a helluva long week! I borrowed a QuickJack from my neighbor and did the following all in one go:

Installed Bilstein B6s with Swift Springs and Dinan Camber and rear shock mounts.
Installed BMW Performance Brake Kit (Calipers and rotors) and StopTech Stainless lines
Trimmed front bumper fender tabs to minimize rubbing and cleaned out fender liners
Dialed in wheel fitment with spacers
Flushed brake lines with Pentosin Super DOT4
Flushed transmission fluid with Redline D4ATF
Changed oil and filter with Liquimoly 5W-40

7-31-2020
Test fit some OEM Style 37s (M Parallel) and loved them!! They’ll require the rear hub and rotor swap to pick up the 10mm of necessary clearance. I think this will be a project for next spring but very much on my radar.

8-30-2020
Purchased hubs and rotors to do the rear hub conversion. Also bought M3 transmission mounts. All from FCPEuro.

Last edited by b1aze; 08-30-2020 at 08:25 PM..
Appreciate 0