02-17-2012, 10:18 PM   #9
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeman View Post
Before having an LSD sometimes I'd forget to turn off traction control and would end up spinning tires and barely moving due to the brakes activating. With traction control turned off I barely noticed that the eLSD did any braking.

With an LSD I rarely even bother turning traction control off. Now it's much harder to spin tires and when I do the brief traction control lights are barely noticeable. An LSD is definitely worth the money if you drive your car hard.

I tend to just leave it as DTC because at least I have something there for if I do f**k up. But with the LSD, I can actually drift the car for a bit before stability control steps in, and even when stability kicks in, there's just a wiggle from the car, and you can leave the tail end out drifting, you just lose a bit of power as the car trys to shift power around unsuccessfully. (yes it will stop you from going too far out, and if you aren't prepared for that little wiggle, the car will snap back into a straight line)

with DTC and traction on, I can get the back end out, but once it's out the power and brakes are interfered with, and the car comes back in not matter what as opposed to the slight drift in DTC

full acceleration with close to 400 wheel horsepower and DTC only will let the traction control take over if the wheels are really spinning to the point they are starting to squeal and the back end is wagging a bit. But if you feather the throttle with DTC, you can keep the tires lightly spinning all the way up to redline without interference from traction.

the car really only trys to take over the back end if the 2 rear tires are spinning at different speeds or to try and correct for yaw. but if it applys one break, it's really applying both with the limited slip (not directly, but what happens with one, sort of happens with the other since they are connected) this is why you can still drift it, it just ends up stopping the RPM from going all the way up and keeping you from doing a 180.

I'm not worried about the rear brakes, I've tested the car in all weather conditions. Warm, cold, rain, snow. The e-diff is basically rendered usesless, in fact, it almost helps you drift like a champ when you really suck at it

Yes, my post sort of covered the effects of e-diff and stability, but I think it all works better together now, instead of fighting you.
Appreciate 0