02-15-2018, 11:26 AM   #27
chris_flies
Sideways and Smiling
Rep
Drives: In Exuberance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matticus91 View Post
Dang man I'm sorry to hear all this. Definitely keep a log of everything you notice to be wrong with the car so when the insurance companies come back with a check and quote you can easily point out anything they missed. A wheel weight is a simple thing but no reason you should pay $25 out of your own pocket for a re-balance.

Anyway hopefully you can get the car all sorted before the gokart trip! Either way you should come on up to my place the day before. I'll be doing some detailing/car stuff with a friend and we can check out your paint. I have a buffer and slew of detailing equipment, maybe we can clear it up a bit.
I'm going to be a total baby about my baby. If paint doesn't match PERFECTLY, I'll complain. If panels don't line-up, I'll complain. If it doesn't drive just right ('cause I finally got it to), you get the idea...

I don't see this shop screwing anything up, though. They managed to match a very metallic grey paint on my mom's truck after she was rear-ended (a theme in our house now), they had to replace the entire frame of the truck, including the bed, some suspension bits, and had to paint all of it. The truck drives factory fresh, and actually has less rattles than it did from the factory (LOL, Ford).

And that's my new worry...just repainting a bumper would take MAYBE 2-3 days, but doing unibody work will take much longer...ugh.
Matticus913474.50