View Single Post
      08-24-2020, 12:21 AM   #8
niceast
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e82

So finally decide to finally replace the hpfp.

After attempting to contact bmw north america and local dealerships to notify them that 2011 bmw e82 135i's hpfp are the same part/version from early generation 2006-2010 bmw n54's e90 e91 e92 e93 335i and 535i, which bmw extended the original hpfp factory warranty to 100k miles/10 years. signs are "long crank", codes: 29DC, 29F1, 29F2, and reduced engine performance. I was given no credit and no awards even though I finished their homework and gave them the answers.
if you want to read the sib130309 for yourself check out dackelone's post or the attached document https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show...40&postcount=9)

The car has been extremely unhappy under sprinted acceleration (from a stop and highway speed) but operates normal at slow accelerations.

I been getting hpfp pressure too low for few months right since April, 4 months and a hand full of long cranks in 2019-2020 winter. I previously had symptoms of long crank during winter of 2017 but it was resolve with a new battery. Since I have been able to get by, by stopping and restarting the car to clear limp mode. But two week ago during a stop-to-medium acceleration the engine shuttered like maracas with medium vibrations, very audible like chuga-chuga-chuga. immediately pulled over and 30-sec-shutdown and restart hasn't happen since [hope it not something worse, it shouldn't be the car is stock and no performance mods and oil changes regularly].

So the teardown beings, I have reach view of the hpfp by removing the throttle body and charge pipe. three hex #5 bolts, two pressurized fuel lines, and a few electrical connections left.

Aiya! I had success removing the charge pipe three time before by removing the metal retainer ring before removing from the throttle body. but I left it on this time and the end of the charge pipe broke, F. also went to remove the map sensor connection and broke the retention clip, F x2. hopes are to find the missing piece in the under tray and plastic weld them back on.

What i learn from this HPFP service is that, If you want to utilize the most effectiveness of time. I would service the OFHG + serpentine belt/pulleys system + HPFP all at once since its all the drive side of the engine bay and removing/partial-removal the intake is required for the ofhg and very helpful for the rear hpfp hex bolt, plus with the oil filter housing out there is more room to service the belt system. Easier to clean surfaces from the leak also.

that's all for now i'll have to update when i get to working on the other parts of the maintenance list.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf SI B13 03 09_N54 HDP Pump.pdf (66.0 KB, 188 views)

Last edited by niceast; 05-26-2022 at 12:50 AM..
Appreciate 0