View Single Post
      06-18-2008, 05:11 PM   #68
looking
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0002s View Post
I'm sure it can be done and crazy mad power can be derived. Problem is now you have a fully modded car with huge sums of money in it. No warranty at all and no chance of keeping it.

There is going to be no "cheap" relatively lag free single turbo that is run by the stock ecu.

Modding cars is never cheap or mechanical worry free. I learn a few cars ago, that if you really want ZO6 performance then you should just buy the ZO6. Cheaper in the long run and works every time you put the key in.

I have blown up one engine in my car modding experience and that was enough to stop me from trying to push a turd to light speed.
Well I wasn't saying that we should do it ourselves - I mean of course if you have enough money, time and skill you can make a 1.8l civic engine run low 12's - but that's not what I was getting at.

I just want to point out that with BMW detuning the car so that there is now noticeable lag - BMW should rethink the N54 and the 135 altogether - their our other options out there and why weren't they explored? Was it a cost saving exercise to have 1 engines into 2 cars? Maybe BMW should re think the parts they're having problems with - detuning a car just sucks!
Appreciate 0