03-03-2010, 07:33 PM   #332
Superdaws
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 F87 BSM M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by QSH17Z View Post
I too confirmed an order in October for 2010 build but I'm still in for a 5 week wait or longer if not delivered before Easter. I see your car was also loaded on the ship around the same time as mine being the 15th - 17th January and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a tad sceptical about my build date plate being 2010. That's because I understand the car has to be transported a distance from the plant itself before getting to the port meaning build dates must start surely at least a week prior to the car arriving at the port. That's fair enough but I've heard that the Germans/Bavarians have some of the best working conditions around and I figured they probably have a considerably long break over Xmas/NY. Anyway, my sceptisim is pretty much unfounded if yours is also a 2010 build from around the same time. I guess they just have a pretty smart logisitics system in operation. You're pretty lucky too as I reckon all the stars must've been aligned just right with your car being built as early as possible in 2010, got straight on an express ship and made it here in next to no time! Let us see some photos once delivery is done and dusted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin001 View Post
That's crazy! I ordered in December, they said it was a Dec09 Build, but 2010 Compliance?

I'm still waiting for my car! This is bsh*t. Something seems fishy - do you think dealers can, or are, dodgy?

BTW - What's the maximum km on the odometer that you guys would accept for a car just off the boat? That's the first thing I'll check together with the build/compliance plate!
Nope, my dealer aint dodgy, as far as i know. Given im going to pick my car up on Thu next week....

My order was placed on the 2nd Oct 2009, i specified i wanted a 2010 BUILD and complied (didnt want Dec 09 build) even thought its the same spec. In me doing that they said they could guarantee me the first 135i build for Jan 2010, and it looks like they have delivered on that...

My car is in the Mel docks this week and pickup has been organised for Thu next week

Pics soon to follow!

2020 MY21 BMW M2 Competition 6MT | Black Sapphire
OLD 2010 BMW 135i M Sport 6MT | Le Mans Blue
2016 BMW F15 X5 30D | Sapphire Black | Black Leather
Appreciate 0