09-03-2010, 03:27 PM   #21
DriveHard
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: X1 and R58 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic837 View Post
I didn't put it in the original post, but I already called BMW and they had no solution other than, "we'll probably have to tow it here to take a look.". I tried jumping the car from the front hood posts and get nothing... Same with connecting the battery, although I didn't wait too long with it connected before giving up.... Still looking for a solution.
I am told you need at least 10-15 amps available at the post. I would reconnect a battery to the jump point under the hood and let it sit a moment. also open the door and turn on the dome lights or something. If it has sat a while with the battery disconnected, it is going to take some time to get the control unit to respond. you could even turn the car on ( do not try to start it) if you can get dash lights to go on then you have power....

By chance do you have the valet switch on "lock" for the trunk ??????????????????????????

p,s, i checked a few cars.. no trunk lock, including mine... I never new that ??? silly me considering the view from my window at work
Attached Images