09-19-2013, 12:46 AM   #22
xavierbest
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 1M coupé/F81 330D/E93 320D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Hi, good write up.

Do you mean that your 1M was making 600 nm before any power tune? That is too much for stock 1M numbers, I think reality is more like 550 to 560 nm for a stock car from all we have seen so far.
You're right it's a lot of torque but effectively it was BEFORE any tune.
We were very surprised, but it was a great news!
I have to mention that i'm driving everyday with a 320D and a 330D. I everytime use all the torque in the low range and shift quickly.
I've learn my 1M to react like this in sport mode. Pushing very hard from the low low revs to the middle. Like to hear this "PSSSHTT" when gearing up while the turbos are whistling.
So on the DYNO test, before the tune, i've got 600Nm but only 336 HP.
You have to know that the ECU of the 1M is a learning module (like the M3 E9x). This one study the way you react and then adapt the curves to your driving profile.
So, always using the car in the range 1300/3000 but with the throttle full open lead me to this great 600Nm. If you drive in high rev, full open, your car will deliver more HP but less torque.
The ECU adapt this by always checking you driving profile but this mean that you can change it, it's not locked. Take the car, drive it like hell, fast and furious and she will be agressive in high revs. Drive it like a truck, with all the torque as you can and the ECU will give you all he can too, giving the preference to push hard in place of reving faster.

That's really a big deal on the 1M.
Most of the M3 drived everyday in city does not deliver their 420 HP, only because the engine never revs to the limits so the ECU think "why giving him the power and purge the tank? Just 380 Hp is ok for this guy huh"

So what you have seen about all the other cars, 550-560 nm, is not "technical standard" value but more a "driving profile standard" value.
All our cars will deliver the power/torque the driver need, ask. Not the power your brain think you have...

Last edited by xavierbest; 09-19-2013 at 01:47 AM..
Appreciate 0