View Single Post
      06-17-2015, 08:11 PM   #59
lowside67
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02rsxpilot View Post
I'm not sure two people equals "tons", but regardless, the two you mention have done significant modifications and/or engineering to make that happen. Apex traditionally has tried to provide bolt-on solutions, and I'm simply stating my preference that they continue that tradition.
That's a fair point, I think I didn't really explain myself that well. The simple reality is there is no "easy" way to get a 9" wide wheel and wide 255 tire on the front of a 1 series - it requires a perfect combination of offset, camber, roll stiffness, and ride height to make it work. Apex can't just make a wheel that would work because the wheel is such a small part of the whole solution.

There are lots of easy bolt on solutions for the front of a 1 series, they just are narrower wheels and smaller tires.

If they build a 17x9 +35 it would be a perfect bolt-on wheel for the front of our cars, but completely useless for the back, it absolutely couldn't work. For me personally, I would rather buy 4x 17x9 +50 and a set of spacers for the front and have the ability to rotate wheels, instead of 2x 17x9 +35 for the front and 2x 17x9 +50 for the back but maybe I am alone on this one.

Mark
Appreciate 1