09-16-2018, 07:28 AM   #62
Zombie_Head
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: E30 325i 4-Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAN_M2 View Post
I drove mine, and I drove it hard. Every single time I pulled from the garage the car was put thru it's paces. 16k miles in the almost two years I owned. Did three Blackstone reports and everything came back great. The N55 has been solid for some time now. But you never know.

You can find an M2 now at good prices but they are still up there. It is a great car for daily and weekend fun if you are looking to have a capable weekend track car in your daily I mean.
Please correct me, because the amount of information is confusing me. It may have a N55 engine, but all internals (crank, rods, pistons etc) are S55? that turbo is an N55 as well, as far as i am aware, the M2 is a N55 and S55 hybrid engine?

My only problem (if you call it a problem) is that i really like to stick with NA engines since i do a lot of track days (5-6 a year). When i was at mending Airfield track day, i saw two 911.1 Turbos, F80 M3 and C63 AMG all go into the pits by laps 4-5. They all got limp mode/engine warning, granted it was a 42c day so it was probably touching 50c on track (more or less). My own N52 engine oil was sitting just a tad over 120c with 5w-40 oil when normally i see it between 115c and 120c during hot and humid summer days on track, i may be slower but that engine just kept going, happily redlining 3rd and nearly 4th all day long.

M2 is a very VERY completing package in terms of performance, value, size and practicality, no doubt. But something about hearing a screaming 6 or 8 cylinder NA engine redlining....puts a huge smile on my face.
Appreciate 0