houtan
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyW View Post
Thinking of upgrading to the PS2 this fall...any thoughts on reliability? My stock turbo is at 100K and still working fine...how long can I expect the PS2 to go before refurbishment assuming DD + 10 track days a year (no drag racing). Interested in people's real world experience. Thx.
So far the reliability has been the same as my stock turbo. To be fair, I only have about 10k on the ps2, but they are mostly very hard driven miles. Went to a half mile event and had no issues with the turbo. This is my weekend car so when I drive it, it is usually to go on a canyon run, and the turbo has been issue free.

Part of the reliability equation is how hard you are planning to run the turbo. I am mostly around 70-80% duty cycle, so I am not pushing max boost. But my whp is probably around 450ish, and at that hp level the turbo has been running great.

One thing I really like about Pure Turbos is they are continually trying to make the turbo better. Since I purchased my turbo, I believe they have made some additional tweaks to gain more power.

I hope this helps.
Appreciate 1
AndyW672.00