View Single Post
      03-24-2020, 12:36 AM   #1
xshadowspy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black bmw 128i

BMW N51 Turbo build

Hey guys writing up this post just to document this build for anyone who wants to try and follow this path I'm taking right now since their isn't much good info to go off of. But I have a 2012 BMW 128i N51 fbo it's on a custom tune from AA on E40 AA headers, secondary cat deletes, stage 3 intake manifold, drop in K&N filter with charcoal filter delete, 3inch exhaust no reasonstor with a virbant muffler. Since I've pretty much reached the limit with N/A power (I know there's still a couple other mods left just not worth the money to me) I've decided to boost the car I'm writing up this thread for anyone who wants try to replicate this kit in the future as I complete it me and my tuner from AA are trying to work out some things currently as we are designing this kit.
The turbo I am going with personally is a boost labs 5855 dual ball bearing turbo this is going to be a top mount kit I have a fabricator who usually does N54s making me a top mount manifold he should have these manifolds sold for our cars after the design is finished. I'm retrofitting a after market 135i after market intercooler. I'll continue to update the thread as the build pursues I intend to push 20psi on this turbo the max for these engines seems to 25psi where they will blow from seeing bpc N52 turbo car and another guy on YouTubes turbo car so around 650whp is where these internals need to be beefed up.
Currently this turbo build should come under $3000 unless some other things pop up.
If you guys have Instagram and need some questions answered you can reach me there directly @Issa_n5x
Attached Images

Last edited by xshadowspy; 03-30-2020 at 10:11 PM..
Appreciate 4