Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by digwm1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Yeah I'm 5' 10 too. Cars and coffee is every Saturday morning starting at 6:30-9. I'll probably be there Saturday morning. If you read early 1M reviews many reviewers said you sit on top of the car. They were in power seat cars. When I was in the market for my 2nd 1M. I also found the seating position less than ideal. Luckily I found another no nav 1M. I'm pretty sure you could find a 128i seat and even transfer upholstery or just get custom stuff. I actually prefer Alcántara and was thinking of Alcántara middle section . pM me and we can exchange phone numbers. Like I said. Wife is 5,2" and no problems. You also keep airbags. You might even be able to order 1M seat with orange stitching in manual just for driver side?
awesome, i'll have sent over my number and i'll head over this saturday to see you then, and totally know what that sitting on top of the car feeling is (no fault of the car, only the fault of me who bought the car with power seats hahaha). if i end up liking the manual seats might just have to go with your idea of upholstering some 128's or if ordering manual 1m seats are possible that'd be totally sick, thanks nachob
It would make sense to keep full safety and still get BMW quality seats that tilt forward for passengers. Another benefit with manual seats is that they slide forward quickly for rear seat access. Aside from lighter that was another reason i wanted them. Kids get in and out of back seat quickly. Electric slide slow.
Appreciate 1
digwm170.50