01-11-2014, 01:54 PM   #52
J-Rod
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
How I spend my time is not your concern. Nor will I EVER be silenced. Obviously I have the $$ and time to spend on this. SO again... why do you care? If you want luminosity numbers theres a little box in the top right that you can type "luminosity" in and hit SEARCH. You dont have to read what I wrote. I did this for the masses that just want a product that works and along the way can save $30-40.

I was not overreacting. The product is separate from the service which is separate from the price. They all are part of the brand as a whole, but they are all separate issues. YOU weigh the three together and decide what you want to purchase in all aspects of your life. Some people only care about quality and will buy from anyone at any price, others care about price and will sacrifice the other two to some degree. Some people are loyal to someone due to service and dont question price. These are just 3 of the variables that go into the equation that has to make sense to you as a purchaser.

My issue with the service from LUX doesnt change and my comments here on that aspect of this experience will not waver. Can they have the shittiest service on the planet and still provide the best product? Obviously they can. Me doing this comparison is in fact to show that I am not biased against their product solely due to the arrogant attitude they have. Doesnt mean Id give them my $$. Furthermore, once I did this people wanted to point out I used an older version so I am willing to do it with their newest version. Maybe they have a better product, or maybe they have an equal or lesser product. Either way their product costs more and their service sucks.

Search these forums and see how many posts you see asking "which is the best angeleyes/fmic/exhaust/intake/etc/etc". No one is asking about luminosity, because most people here couldnt even define luminosity. Even more people dont care!!! They just want something that functions and lights up both halos.

My goal here wasnt to provide objective facts about the products. Anyone who wants to know those facts can access the manufacturers website or shoot them an email and get the specifications for the product. My goal was, as a user of both products, to provide feedback to the masses that ask which light is better. Most users/posters post I have xyz and this is my experience. Very few people can post I have abc and xyz and this is what I think. Do you want to purchase abc because you read a post from an abc user or do you want to purchase abc bc you read a post from someone who used abc and xyz?

I have 3 college degrees, one being a doctorate. I am not an electrical engineer, my BS is in Biochemistry. If youre so qualified to do electrical testing and luminosity tests feel free to contribute, but if youre not going to be doing it then STFU. This is what I can do and this is what I am willing to do. If it doesnt help you then I apologize but it will help the average "which is better" seeker.

Again, I have no horse in this race. I dont make a penny if a single pair of either lights are sold. I am not paid for an endorsement. I held both in my hands, I installed both on my car, I looked at them with my eyes. I can tell you which one flickers. I can tell you which one is brighter. I can tell you which one burnt out on me.

Tomorrow or next week if the Dtecs fail Ill be on here to post that they blew out and how quickly they were or were not replaced and my experiences with customer service at that point. Once I install the new version of the LUX I will be here to tell you if they are brighter or if they flicker. I already told you LUX was all talk and no action when I contacted them. They never kept their word with me so you decide who you want to give your dollars to. That doesnt mean I should or will trash their product. Ill repeat.... their service was the worst and their attitude was beyond arrogant. Only when I mentioned their competitor publicly did they start contacting me to remedy the situation and stop the bleeding. Im just adding to the information pool and frankly I think Ive added more than the generic one sided "I bought xyz here are pics I love these xyzs".

Anyone who wants to purchase lights may find this helpful in their decision making. The rest of you who want luminosity figures can contact the vendors or buy your own lights and post your findings.
except for the STFU part...but I guess you couldnt help it.