View Single Post
      09-02-2008, 10:37 AM   #3
esses
No_Country
Rep
Drives: like I stole it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Jai View Post
I've read here and there on the forum and have the impression people do not like the drive-thru carwashes in gas stations and the likes. Any particular reasons why ? I am referring to the touchless types...
Gas station washes usually aren't touchless, usually they have some sort of spinning plastic thing that beats the hell out of your car and probably has not been cleaned or replaced since the day it was installed.

Touchless car washes usually aren't touchless either. Usually they have a couple guys with sheepskin mits to wash and a couple more using towels to dry. I've never even heard of a car wash that actually used fresh and clean mits (or anything else) for each car so you are looking at a good possibility of swirls and scratches.

Some things you have to watch out for at commercial car washes: dirty cleaning cloths, dirty drying cloths, harsh detergents, Armor All (inside and on the tires), spray on wax products, vacuum hoses scraping against the exterior of the car while someone vacuums as quickly as possible inside, overspray of window cleaner and tire cleaner (which are both bad for paint), and that damned "new car scent."

Appreciate 0