View Single Post
      03-04-2011, 08:52 AM   #23
mtnova
Rep
Drives: 128i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46m3to335i View Post
I have the EXACT same sound in the same location. Word for word. I will be removing the light assembly back there this weekend to see if I can find any loose cables or what ever is flopping around that area in the headliner.

I found it by having my GF ride in the back so she could really listen and look for where the noise was coming from. She pin pointed it on the drivers side of the moon roof about 6 inches from the sun roof and about a foot behind the drivers seat. She also pushed lighty on the headliner rapidily in the area she heard it come from and it duplicated the sound exactly it makes when I would drive over bumps at 30-40 MPH.

Hope this helps some folks pin point any rattles or knocks they are hearign that they cant find

Nick
Looks like this problem has been reported in the past and is an issue regardless of the model year and age of the car: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=384994

With the sunshade closed over the glass I don't get the rattle as often, that or the stereo is just turned up more.
Appreciate 0