View Single Post
      09-05-2009, 12:51 AM   #40
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnorton776 View Post
Mine is modified, I have the high performance air intake. the one person said it takes him 6.6 seconds to get from 0 - 60 in his 135i. what a joke. Really now. these cars are damn fast and if you know where its sweet spots are you can really push these babies. I also said about 9 seconds, i didn't say preciously 9. I just know how to drive my 128 and get the most out of it, and with a couple upgrades it can easily perform as well as a 135i in the hands of a coordinated driver, especially if the 135i doesn't know what he/she is doing. 2bhonest i think the 135i, (with all of its HPFP problems, and really not that much better performance than the 128) is a waste of money. Go with the 128 and put a couple of upgrades on it. its the better choice for several reasons.

1) less maintenance
2) more reliable
3) 128i has NO High pressure fuel pump, and therefore non of the ridiculous amount of l problems the 135i is having (sometimes even after just 1000mi for gods sake!).
3) far cheaper
4) looks almost identical to the 135, and with a couple of performance upgrades (still far under the price of a 135i) can easily perform as well as any stock 135i
Modified?
You have an intake only, and without dyno proof I doubt you're getting much HP/torque gain at all, and in some engine applications, HP/torque go down with many of these intakes without additional tuning and/or exhaust mods.

You talk about "sweet spots" and knowing when to shift?
You drive an automatic.

How much do your magical upgrades cost to bring your 128i to easily perform like any stock 135i?
What are these mods you speak of?

Do you then realize that with only about a $400 "chip" you'd be spending thousands more to still be behind a 135i?

BTW, you said about 9 seconds, but to you that must mean that 12 seconds is "around" 9 seconds right?

You sound like a young kid trying really hard to believe that somehow you can make your 100lb ft LESS 128i as fast as a 135i with just a larger intake tube and your mastery of operating an automatic trans.
Appreciate 0