View Single Post
      05-24-2015, 06:35 PM   #71
suspenceful
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3, 2008 135i, 2009 335i

Next up, installing my Rieger diffuser and fxomar side splitters.

I bought the Rieger diffuser used and the carbon fiber hydrodip was fading. So, I sanded it down with some high-grit sandpaper and setup a ghetto booth in the shop’s bathroom. Plan was to prime it and then spray it with Plastidip.

I put a bunch of coats of Plastidip on and it looks great! The finish is a real nice matte black and it seems very durable. The diffuser didn’t come with any mesh, so I went to Home Depot and bought a roll of black gutter guard. It was really cheap, only like $2 or $3. Cut it to size and hot glued it to the back.

Once I installed the diffuser, the exhaust tips were sunk in behind the bumper. Since this is an aggressive diffuser, I had to get them extended. The tips were always a bit crooked, so this was a great excuse to get everything straightened out.

Here is a picture I took shortly after buying the car. You can see that the exhaust tips were melting the factory diffuser because they were pushed up against it.

And here are some photos I took after installing the Rieger diffuser. You can also see the side splitters that I installed at the same time.

🏁 Shop BMW merchandise: bimmerstreet.com

Last edited by suspenceful; 05-24-2015 at 07:02 PM..
Appreciate 0