View Single Post
      06-16-2017, 05:46 PM   #99
brakthru
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by YarkoDrives View Post
No, for these test we cut one of the the can bus wire pairs at the ABS and DME.

The connector at both of these has lots of other wires too.

-----------------

FWIW we ended up just disconnecting the DSC accelerometer under the drivers seat.
- It's a simple connector plug to disconnect
- Reattaching it clears the warning lights without any error set.
- Disconnecting the sensor is legal mod to defeat traction control for SCCA solo Street class.
-- SCCA issued a technical bulletin last year the coding the traction control programs to different factory settings with a factory tool/ software wasn't legal in STREET class. (probably is in Street Touring)
the accelerometer sensor disconnected
-gives the yellow brake warning light.
-defeat the anti-trailbrake anti-overstear program
-defeats all the oversteer and understeer TCS programs
-defeats the Hill hold launch function in Manual Trans cars

downshift rev-match, e-diff, abs, wheel-speed based brake biasing, brake pre-tension on quick throttle lift, and brake fade prediction are still active.
I've disconnected the accelerometer sensor and didnt notice too much difference. I still feel braking on the front or rear wheels or torque reduction when cornering. I think the ediff is also relying on data from the steering angle sensor. The car always puts a limit on my cornering power to keep me from spinning no matter how far I press the accelerator. Running high boost allows me to launch the car with wheels spinning but the DME will not allow wheelspin once I'm already rolling like it use too. Shifting into 2nd and 3rd gear wants to spin but power is reduced just enough to stop the spin and lurch forward.

I'm wondering if this is unique to my car sense I'm experiencing torque and boost reduction, braking like ASC would do. Disconnecting the DSC module doesnt prevent this so i feel like the steering angle sensor is reporting info to the DME. I dont know how else the car would know im turning as oppossed to going straight ahead. I get alot of wheelspin with straight forward launches. As soon as i turn the steering, the torque is reduced at the engine not with braking even in 1st gear. It's really interesting to throw the car in 1st gear while turning a corner and get no wheel spin. I get just enough forward motion to keep tires planted. Once the wheel straightens out, the car launches. Very nice for safe driving but not for fun driving. Have you noticed this with your experiences?

I may try disconnecting all 4 speed sensors or the steering angle. Disconnecting 1 rear wheel speed sensor didint do the trick. I'm not even trying to slide the car. I just want to be able to accelerate and control the power in the corner without power reduction.
Is ediff reducing power on you like this?

Last edited by brakthru; 06-16-2017 at 06:01 PM..
Appreciate 0