MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audun View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
I would have the battery checked, and also check the ground strap from the engine to the chassis. Need to lift the car to change that strap. Very common problem.
They said it had 95% efficiency. I guess that's not loading the battery. What do they do to load it? Is there anything simple to get so I can do it myself?

I was looking for the strap, couldn't see it. Getting the Haynes book soon, gonna dig into that. This car doesn't even have an oil dip stick. Aff.

Good detail. Thanks man.
Modern battery testers don't actually put a load on the battery, they measure the capacitance of the battery. If it is at 95% health, you are good to go.

Most important thing is that ground strap. When it gets corroded, all sorts of issues happen. Computer faults, electric power steering faults, misfires, and when really bad the car won't start.

You can look on realoem.com and it will help show where the cable is. Not sure what side of the car it will be on an EU car. On a North American car, it will be very close to the ground, underneath the steering shaft a little before it connects to the steering rack.
Appreciate 1
Dackelone10588.50