03-15-2012, 03:02 PM   #378
KeithLM
Proud 1er
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Crimson/Coral 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by firechicken99 View Post
Great to see you finally got this through!! Thanks again dude you bring a lot to the forums! GB Warranty, CRT Lip, Whats next?!!! lol

Now just trying to weigh whether 2+K per year for 2-3 years of warranty is worth it for what it covers, considering I plan on getting into HPDE/Tracking the car for fun.

Would it be safe to assume as with all other regular warranties that anything in the realm of FMIC upgrades, Intake, Exhausts, suspension, or the like will void the warranty?
My guess is that after-market mods will be treated just the same under the extended warranty as they are on the regular warranty. If they caused the failure, BMWNA won't cover it so the dealer will pass the bill onto you.

I look at it this way, even with my mods, I know there will be other issues I'll need addressed that should be covered. And since my dealer charges $140 per hour, I don't want to have to deal with that. Last fall my AC went out, turned out there was a leak near or in the evaporator, and they had to pull the dash to get at it. Hell, they wanted to charge me three hours of labor to pull the bumper and fix a leak in the washer system that might have been caused when my oil cooler or intercooler was installed, thus not a warranty repair. If it was a defective piece, I'd be fully covered, but they couldn't tell without pulling the bumper. So if they bill that relatively simple task at three hours, how much time does it take to pull the dash?

BTW, I heard back about the credit card charge. $50 on the warranty I want, which also equals 2% in my case, so it's one or the other.

Again Papethova, thanks for doing all the work on this. I'm sure it was no easy task. The best my dealer would offer was $200 off MSRP. They claim there's not much mark-up on those, but thanks to you we all know that's b.s.

I've recently moved my photos to Google's web albums. Photos can be found here, here, and here.
Appreciate 0