08-07-2019, 07:38 AM   #32
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_flies View Post
I installed them a while ago, yes.

They're simply amazing. Well worth every penny they cost, and I have zero regrets. If I didn't track the car so much, I'd be looking into softer springs. With the front sway bar removed, the balance is phenomenal; it slides and plows on command and just has a wonderful balance to it. The damping from the Ohlins is fantastic; it's controlled, but not brutally so. They're extremely refined, and feel like they were meant to be on the car. The gain in ride height is great, as the car is usable and properly daily-drivable again (I can BOMB backroads without much regard for bumps or railroad tracks now).

They're really something special, and completely transformed the car. I need to do a little more adjustment to both the ride height and the damper settings (I think I've set them too low).
Not sure about Ohlins, but, strut length might become an issue if you go any softer. You'll end up sitting lower with softer springs and you might run out of height adjustment to gain it back. Just keep that in mind if you're looking to go softer to retain the plush ride.
Appreciate 1