View Single Post
      05-24-2013, 07:29 AM   #10
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter K View Post
Is there anyone that has benefitted from the 3rd party warranty or is there a bunch of loopholes like...the non covered part affected the covered part so therefore the covered part is now not covered?
Had this happen to a friend of mine with a third party warranty. The sunroof motor broke and jammed the roof in the open position. They found a bolt had backed out of the motor and allowed it to spin and jam into the rails. They denied the claim because "fasteners" are not covered. Took three weeks of complaints, emails and phone calls, calls to the BBB and the dealership owner before they agreed to cover it. And even then, they installed a used sunroof assembly to fix it.

Here at the Acura dealer, when cars have the OEM extended warranty, we treat it just like the normal warranty. It is up to the tech to order and replace whatever he feels necessary.

Any time I have to deal with a third party warranty, they send down an adjuster who tries to find any loophole to deny the claim, and nickles and dimes the repair to make it as cheap as possible.
Appreciate 0