Walter K
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 128i (white)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcaron9999
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
Had this happen to a friend of mine with a third party warranty. The sunroof motor broke and jammed the roof in the open position. They found a bolt had backed out of the motor and allowed it to spin and jam into the rails. They denied the claim because "fasteners" are not covered. Took three weeks of complaints, emails and phone calls, calls to the BBB and the dealership owner before they agreed to cover it. And even then, they installed a used sunroof assembly to fix it.

Here at the Acura dealer, when cars have the OEM extended warranty, we treat it just like the normal warranty. It is up to the tech to order and replace whatever he feels necessary.

Any time I have to deal with a third party warranty, they send down an adjuster who tries to find any loophole to deny the claim, and nickles and dimes the repair to make it as cheap as possible.
This!

Heard too many horror stories like this, even directly from a friendly BMW Service Advisor!!!

Better stick with OEM warranty - they are not too expensive, and there is no $50 deductible like on a Certifed Pre-Owned car.

Getting a $4000CAD A/C Evap replacement job done under warranty as I type this. Spoke to a 2009 BMW 335i owner who go his two N54 turbos replaced at his dealer for $6000CAD. His warranty had justed ended, but the dealer picked up half of the bill out of good will.

If I decide to keep my 2011 135i past its base warranty, I will be buying the OEM extedend warranty. It is worth $2000-$3000 CAD based on 2 or 3 year and additional mileage coverage you want ...
Do you drive a 135i?
Appreciate 0