Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisenwether View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampfox94 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six Pot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest View Post
Original cars are what, 60-80k?+ no way 30k, I say.

I can just say its nice someone tried to do these swaps. Me personally id keep the I6 and go for a cool exhaust. But of course many swaps have very spot on roots to them, original engine being toast etc. So all the M-Power to them!
I would say this isn't feasible based on my experience to this point. Labor alone would cost 10-15k+ depending how you approach it + 1M + S65 Drivetrain.

S65 manual no EDC would be the lowest cost, least painful, route.
I think the number is way under but I believe they're using the standard 1 series as the base and adding the 1m parts on top instead of starting with the full 1m. Would be closer to 30 but still prolly half of the actual
It's wayyy above 30k.

Making a clone is actually extremely expensive in todays terms. All the oem parts have become very expensive and some aren't in the US anymore unless you pay some of the ridiculous fees they are putting on parts to ship them in.

Base car (no accidents 5-10k?) depending what you wanted to start with
OEM parts for a full 1m conversion you are around 10-15k now
Labor to convert and paint 15-25k (you might think this is high but I just made my own clone and had close to 225+ hours of my own labor and I did 90% of the work) any decent shop is probably minimum 100/hr.)
Then comes the S65 and supporting items. That will depend on the motor condition but probably 8-12k. Plus labor for the swap and custom work required.

To make this in todays costs you will be north of 50k by the time you are done. (If paying someone to do it, can save a lot of you do the labor but just the cost of parts is getting fairly high)

*I just did my 135 to 1M conversion a few months ago with all oem parts and it was pretty costly but I didn't pay any labor as I did everything myself with minor help from my father. Just the cost of car and parts would surprise a lot of people.
I considered the 135 to 1M conversion for a very long time but when I started crunching the numbers the total final cost really deflated my interest. For the same price you can go for a Wide body M240i with an LSD or straight up an M2, which in many ways are the more modern iteration of the 1M. Not as great but a lot more reliable!

How did you do the rear fender flares? Fiberglass or metal welding?
Gone: E92 M3 | RS3 8V | E82 1M | AMG GT-S | X3M Comp | F80 M3 | Juke Nismo RS | E85 Z4 M Roadster | R58 Coupe JCW | F87 M2C| F87 M2 | F22 M240i | F82 M4 | E89 Z4 2.0i | F56 Cooper S | E92 330i | R56 One
Appreciate 0