View Single Post
      07-11-2017, 11:01 AM   #103
bNks334
Major
Rep
Drives: '11 135i (N55)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakthru View Post
Is anyone running an auto transmission and a jb4? I noticed if I disable Watergate adaption/learning in jb4 settings it limits traction intervention and allow jb4 to have more boost control. I can power through corners better and put more power down in the straights. Apparently, the car controls the wastegate even with a jb4 installed which will limit boost. My car is loading up the suspension more as the car leans or rolls more in corners on the front tires and rear tires. I haven't seen outer treadwear in a while since abs/traction keeps the car on all 4s pretty good with very little pitch.

I'm really not sure why all of this is happening but it feels nice. There is still some intervention with steering angle in extreme cases which is good. Your not really going anywhere safely with too much loss of traction.

Can someone try this out and post results.
All you are describing here is proper tuning that dials boost (torque) in more slowly... More power isn't a good thing if you can't put it to the ground.

Running stock tune in autocross can be faster than a tuned 135i since the courses are so short and performed in low gears... the car already has enough boost/torque stock to spin 1st through 2nd on command.
Appreciate 0