03-23-2016, 02:31 PM   #180
Nick65
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Rooty Von Tooty View Post
The rear end on the M2 looks big and macho while the 1M's looks skinny and weak. Also the One's roof doesn't match very well to it's bloated fenders. This is the unfortunate result when a car isn't designed from the ground up.

Anyway, the M2 comes with the kitchen sink all in a very friendly price of $52K. It also uses a lot of the M4's engine and suspension components which almost makes it an M4 but in a smaller size.

The only downside is it probably won't be available in sufficient numbers to meet the demand.
It's a simple point of fact that the rear of the M2 and 1M are very similar. The main difference between the two cars aesthetically is the front. The 1M looks epic. The front of the M2 looks hideous - also giving it a very front heavy/unbalanced appearance. To my eye the E30 M3 was the best looking car bmw have made. Of the 40 or so cars i've owned, incl a dozen 911's and 911turbos and other quick stuff, the E30 M3 is the only one i've wanted but not bought. To me the 1M was the next best thing - and considerably better in many ways - partly because the s/wheel is on the right side (pun intended :O) which on twisty narrow country lanes where i live is quite handy!
Appreciate 0