03-24-2016, 11:32 AM   #185
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Rooty Von Tooty View Post
This is an example of a bloviating rhetoric from a drooling moron. In fact, it is so embarrassing to read, I suspect the author is gay or he's having sex with the 1M's tail pipe!

The 1M is an abomination. The One in its stock form is a much better looking car. As for its value, only the passage of time will tell. The main problem is it's based on the One which wasn't considered a good looking car. Bloated fenders and fancy wheels are what little boy racers like.

The M2 isn't gadget laden. BMW has thrown in some stuff like an HK radio, 19" forged wheels with Michelins, LSD, and some other goodies which most buyers would want. As for the joy of simplicity, since when is any modern day car simple?

The M2 is the natural evolution of the One series which wasn't a very successful car sales wise. BTW, it has a big motor, big wheels, rear wheel drive and a 6-speed all standard. It also has a much better engine using the internals from the M4's engine and its aluminum suspension components.

As for styling, well we'll have to see what the sales figures look like. I never thought BMWs were very stylish cars. They still pretty much resemble their very first vehicles introduced in the 1960s - 2000/1600/2002.

I don't know what my Dad's Mercedes has to do with anything except it has added a bit to my net worth. It'll be interesting to see just what the 1M might be worth when and if the M2 becomes readily available. If there aren't many for sale, this is your opportunity to put it on the market. You might fetch a good price for it. You might have enough leftover after you pay the balance on it, to buy a skateboard!
Attached Images

Last edited by nachob; 03-24-2016 at 01:22 PM..
Appreciate 1