View Single Post
      08-21-2019, 12:45 PM   #2
Accrual_World
Rep
Drives: Black 135i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinoscopy View Post
I know this has been asked. I've searched all the threads and there doesn't seem to be a solid consensus, so I'm asking again. I'm looking for a combo with more straight line grip as I spin off the line almost every time. I'm currently running (18 x 8) 225 40 18 all around. I have a 2010 M sport 135.

From thread researching it seems that 235 40 18 on the front and 265 35 18 on the back seems to be the largest we can fit on the stock M sport suspension. Is this true? Also, I've heard you can get bad under-steer when the front and rear tire discrepancies are large. Thoughts on this?

Thanks so much.
When I first bought my 1 it had 225s on all four corners as well, I didn't enjoy it, as spinning tire was too easy and grip wasn't great.

What I ended up doing was keeping the 225s up front and throwing 255s in the rear with 18x8+45 wheels. Big difference it has made, especially launching and/or hitting WOT in a lower gear. If there was any added under-steer, it has not been noticeable at all during spirited driving, it is still pretty easy to get the rear end to kick around.

What will fit depends on a few factors, wheel dimensions and offset and tire size. There are quite a few combinations that would fit just fine with tire sizes over 225. For example, with the right wheels and offset you can definitely fit 235s up front and 265s in the rear (although you will likely be running the max size tire for a given wheel width, maybe even one size bigger). I'd just recommend going the 225/255 combo route.

If you check out the "OFFICIAL Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread" you can find a lot of good info.
Appreciate 0