View Single Post
      11-19-2020, 10:01 AM   #6
///Makis
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i

I'm not expert, I just started reading about an OCC as I saw some oil in my IM (I don't think many people with N52s have an occ but it could help) but from what I've gathered it's supposed to remove oil vapors from the blow by gas so it doesn't accumulate in the bottom of the IM or on Intake valves.

It seems like in your case it's pushing a small stream of oil into your occ.

Where exactly is the new ccv on this valve cover? Is it possible that oil is being "flung" let's say toward the inlet of the ccv hose and the blow by gasses are pushing them into the line?

You said it's on the front, maybe oil is being tossed around from the timing chain and gears causing this?

It might help to run another line from the main ccv line downward toward the sump with a check valve of course to capture the bulk of the oil going to the occ. I mean the occ is just to cool the vapors and condense the oil back into a liquid before going to the IM or vented to atmosphere.

Just my two cents and trying to add food for thought. I'm by no means an expert and would hesitate to call myself an amateur mechanic, so take it with a grain of salt.
Appreciate 1