10-27-2017, 07:34 AM   #49
Tollefsen
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1M View Post
Thanks man, those are good temps from a single setrab 20 row core. What ambient temps is that in? I know it gets super cold there but I am after a more 'normal temp' idea of the performance, say 15-25*C ambient. Also you say in your signature 'second oil cooler', but it appears to replace the OEM cooler in the stock location, making it the only oil cooler on the car. I plan to do the same to mine too.
The ambient temps was between 10-20degC, and yes it can get cold here but where I live it normally dosent get colder than -10degC during the winter. In summer time we have between 15-25degC.

I have the Setrab cooler in the stock location and a second one behind one of the kidneys. You can see a picture of that a little further back in this thread. It is a little bit smaller than the 20row setrab.
Previous owner did the oil cooler upgrades do to high oiltemps when tracking the car. I had very stable oil temps at the track and I ran several 15-20min heats before driving off the track.

You are right about the signature, I see it now that it can be missleading. Not sure of the brand of the oilcooler behind the kidney. I will check that.
BMW 1M 2011. Akrapovic Evo exhaust w/wireless kit, AR design DP, , Wagner EVO I IC, Cobb chargepipe, Turbosmart Diverter valves, AFE GT Momentum intake, MMP inlets, Cobb Accesport with custom Buraq map, BMS oilcatch can, Setrab 2nd oil cooler, Rogue short shifter, Ohlins R&T suspension, Brembo 18z brakecaliper w/Ferrodo DS2500 pads, Recaro CS seats
Appreciate 1
ayao643.00