09-01-2011, 05:17 AM   #1
///Mike135i
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: E82 M 135i

Engine management warning light - UK 135i M Sport

Hi all,

My engine management warning light is now permanently on (yellow not red).

For a couple of weeks now, when manoeuvring at low speed the limp mode indicator comes on and I have to restart the car to clear the fault and get full power back.

Even when not in limp mode the car occasionally has a minor misfire at idle, I can hear it when it bobbles and misses a beat if that makes sense.

I have the car booked in but I do 30K miles a year and need a replacement car whilst its in service so need to wait two weeks before they can fit me in. Should I be worried about driving it until it goes in?

Does this sound like a coil pack or injector issue or even HPFP, has anyone else experienced this? I have confidence in my local dealer but would like some knowledge before the car goes in so that I can better understand what the issue may be, especially when talking to them afterwards.

I am pretty sure I have read about injector problems elsewhere in the past on the N54 and my main concern is that in 18K miles my car will be out of warranty. The car has done just over 40K and if this is going to be a recurring problem in the future it may change my decision about whether I keep the car for another 40K or look to change for something else. That said I could just pay the extended warranty bill, I am aware of that.

Any knowledge on this would be much appreciated.
Appreciate 0