View Single Post
      02-25-2019, 09:05 AM   #35
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

First marriage - we met at 18, dated/lived together for 5 years married at 23 in 1999 and had 2 children over the course of the next 2 years. Separated in 2008, divorced in 2009. She was nothing more than a financial leach that used the children as a crutch for her to be a drain on society and a vacuum to my bank account.

Second marriage - I had a crush on this girl since I was 14 and never said anything about it to her. We re-connected 2 months after the divorce to first wife and were married 6 months later. I was head over heels in love with this woman. She was the Anti-Christ I later discovered. After a very rocky marriage, we were divorced 2 years later and continued a VERY toxic relationship for another 5 years. I can not express how relieved that this bullshit is over.

My opinion, as others have stated; do not rush into marriage. If it works for you after 30, pull the trigger. Personally, it's a slippery slope. Marriage is a gamble. You are basically wagering half of everything that you own/have acquired in life (including your sanity and emotional well-being) that you and/or the person, that you have invited the state into your relationship with will feel the same way until one of you dies. Risky business. No need to involve the state with your feelings in my opinion. You can love someone without all that added headache and costly expense in the event that things don't work out in the future. Not sure what the common law marriage standards are in your state but living together after X amount of time can lead to the same results.

Marriage, as with anything else that you decide in life, is risky. It can be very beneficial or a total disaster.....all depends on your ability to make sound decisions.
Appreciate 5
MKSixer34184.50
RickFLM410981.00
minn1914037.50
Dang3r12512.00