View Single Post
      08-26-2013, 04:26 PM   #58
mb135is
Captain
Rep
Drives: '13 135is #180/586

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post

you NJ guys-----we gotta organize a good NYC/NJ meet up sometime later this autumn! maybe a nice drive or something.
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama335 View Post
MB, how'd the car do out on the track? Lemme guess, it pushed and tore up the left front?
Um yes, to the point where I swapped my front tires side to side so I could have a bit more grip on Sunday. But to me it's the poor craftsman who blames his tools; I knew the car was going to push, so I had to drive it accordingly. I knew the runflats would suck, so I had to cook them and get them sliding asap, which was giggle-fest out there.

Elwood (Mike) also had his out there, but he's also got an E30 track car, so the 1 was bound to feel, well, worse.

I'm not going to get into the game of making it a track car; I've done that before and have regretted it. When the RF's die, I'll get better summer tires. Next time out, I might opt for different brake pads. It's too slippery a slope to keep going...

The best testament I have for the car on track is how smitten my instructor was with it. He's very experienced and has had all levels of street and track cars; he loved the "is." His quote was, "Well, you bought the right car! What else can you get new from BMW right now that feels and goes like this on the track!? Nothing!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC_OFF View Post

Or you can come down to the track, the best type of a gtg. Oct 4-6 at NJMP with PCA...
PCA!? Blaspheme! I'm looking at 10/13-14 with NJCCA. No club race so lots more track time. I told myself three years ago I wouldn't do this delval august event ever again. So much for that...heheheh. Glad I went, though. Also glad the car is in one piece!

E82 '13 135is - Space Gray/Coral Red, 6 MT,
Heated Seats, 50% tint, clear bra, BMW Perf. Grilles, BMW Perf. CF Diffuser - #180/586
Appreciate 0