View Single Post
      07-23-2009, 10:46 PM   #16
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMike View Post
Just went over 8200 miles and had the add oil light...did and all seems fine. The longer I have this thing, the more "quirky" it becomes...HPFP, third brake lens, seat heat came on by itself, adaptive headlights stopped working, headlight washers stopped working, 2x needed reprogramming (now I have the dreaded lag!!!)....What I find interesting is that my service tech says even on n54 engined Euro versions, they don't have these issues. It's only the US Spec cars. Something to do with emissions and other US DOT requirements...maybe it's time to admit defeat and look elsewhere...maybe an 06 M3?? I do love my car but I've never had a car in the shop more than this one.
What does emissions have to do with adding oil, third brake light, seat heaters coming on, adaptive hdlights not working, or washers not working?

There are many more people on these forums that havent' had these issues compared to those who have.
People tend to post when they have something to complain about vs. those people who aren't having problems and simply have a great running car. I know, because I'm like that too. I'll post when I have issues with the car. It's rare for people to post nothing going wrong.
It skews greatly, how people perceive the reliability of these cars.
Appreciate 0