View Single Post
      02-21-2011, 06:32 PM   #6
JejuneLegume
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

There were no shipping options to select during bmwpartsunlimited.com's checkout process. Just to be clear I did not want signature required service.

Quoted below is the exact shipping policy stated on the bmwpartsunlimited.com website.

There is no mention of required-signature-upon-delivery for initial orders or subsequent orders.

I live on 2+ acres at the end of a long driveway that is monitored by video surveillance and other security measures. A package ain't going anywhere without knowing the who, what, when, & where.

I do every purchase possible online via large sites such as amazon, often receiving several packages a week, probably totally tens of thousands of dollars annually.

True, I may be spoiled by amazon's seamless shopping experience, but bmwpartsunlimited.com enforcement of unstated shipping policies is a deceptive business practice.

For those that may consider placing an order with bmwpartsunlimited.com, I only wish to share my negative experience with the required-signature-upon-delivery requirement that is not mentioned in bmwpartsunlimited.com shipping policy statement.

For those that may have trouble understanding a rather simple matter, or don't have the wherewithal to spend thirty seconds to investigate bmwpartsunlimited.com's shipping policy for themselves, welp, life is too short.

bmwpartsunlimited.com stated shipping policy:

Quote:
All orders must have a valid Home or Business address. We do not ship to P.O. Boxes. No Internaltional Orders.

NOTE: Oversize items and Heavy Weight items, including but not limited to bumper components, body panels, engines, transmissions, require extra shipping charges; please email us for a quote before ordering. No Hazmat materials or fluides will be shipped.Please be specific as to what you want to have shipped and have the complete address to which it will be shipped. These items are necessary to give an accurate quote for shipping costs. If the actual shipping charges are more than what was calculated at checkout, you will be charged the additional shipping charges. If you order a part that is Oversize, Heavyweight or may have unusually high shipping costs, we will contact you prior to shipping to give you a shipping estimate. At that time we will ask for written consent to charge you actual shipping costs. Please call to confirm availability on shipping of discontinued and/or older parts and/or accessories. There will be no returns or exchanges on discontinued and/or older parts and/or accessories. They are considered “Final Sale.” Handling Charge: At checkout, there will be a $3.00 Handling Charge added to every order to cover the cost incurred when packaging your order for shipment. Core Policy: Some parts offered on our site have a "core charge" applied to them. This is a refundable charge that the manufacturer applies to ensure that the old part is returned to us. Customers are responsible for all shipping charges related to returning cores to us. Remember all core returns must be assembled, clean, complete with no missing parts, undamaged, and in the original packaging. If you have any questions on core charges please feel free to email thru dummy@dummy.COM and we will be happy to answer them.
Appreciate 0