///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklounge View Post
Do you have a clear picture of the alignment issue? My tips (ti, not cf) are also close to the diffuser, but there seems to be enough clearance.

Regarding the install, I DIY'd my evo install, and the midpipe did not align with the stock dp. I had to muscle it on, which DID NOT impress me. Because of the poor alignment, I also had to muscle the midpipe clamp on. So there's definitely strain in this portion of the exhaust. Considering the price, this is unacceptable.

I opted to skip the wireless kit - I filed off the plug, so "the valve" is always open. I love love love the sound of this exhaust, so I'd do it all again, but the alignment issues are slightly disappointing.
Agree on the intoxicating sound, and disappointing alignment issues. I'll try to take a picture tomorrow. On my setup at least, the passenger side tips are much closer to the inward part of the diffuser (i.e. aligned more towards the driver's side of the car). While the inner passenger side tip doesn't directly touch the diffuser, it is too close for comfort. Funny thing is, if you push the diffuser inward with your finger just a smudge, clearance is much better (as basically the lower part of the diffuser is free standing). I am tempted by the Revozport diffuser with lower 'pan', but not sure if this will cure the problem with the alignment or only exacerbate it...
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0