View Single Post
      12-10-2013, 12:49 PM   #40
Freon
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

I think I got the 75NM from an E46 manual, so if you found 100Nm in an actual E82 that's probably more right.

To add about ride height, if you look at the picture with my hand you can actually see the bushing sticks up quite a bit out of the subframe, and the insert only goes around that part of the factory bushing, not on top of it. Also (same picture) you see that clean surface on the car body where the bushing's inner metal piece directly contacts the car. Those still end up in direct contact once you torque everything down.

The same is roughly true for the rear upper insert, though I didn't get a great shot of that.

It wonder if we should add washers to the two 16mm bolts in the front brace since that brace definitely moves down where it connects into the subframe so it probably sits at a slight angle (downwards towards the rear of the car). I'm sure the middle of the two 16mm bolts doesn't actually close the gap between the brace and body, and the brace ends up sitting at a slight angle. It's pretty sturdy, but it also might get bent when tightening the middle bolt? I might go try to take a harder look at that. If I get a chance I'll report back.

Whiteline's instructions are strictly for the E46 which doesn't have the brace.

Last edited by Freon; 12-10-2013 at 12:55 PM..
Appreciate 0