View Single Post
      03-17-2012, 04:49 PM   #21
'fatboy'
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by amk2912 View Post
Not so impressed with the audio. I figure it's got something to do with the waterproof casing muffling the sound. I guess the YouTube vids have a fair bit of post processing and foley stuff.

I use iMovie '11 but my nephew uses Final Cut Pro and he gets awesome results. He's a teenage skateboarder and he uses some slo-mo software that gives as good as the GoPro promo vids.
Great thanks - i'll take at look into that software and see what the difference is. I'm using Power Director 9 atm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amk2912 View Post
Just use a length of parachute cord or string as a backup.
I've also been scared to mount outside the car and have considered having a backup string... but the thought of the whole unit becoming detached and subsequently swinging around denting my panels is an even worst outcome! Clearly the mounts are pretty secured given what others have said and the vids i've seen. Is just a trust thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbo_3101 View Post
Having just reviewed some of the in-car filming (default settings), both are adequate for instructional purposes. The Hero2 provides enhanced video quality over the original (not dissimilar to Youtube 720 vs 480 resolution), and the audio still sounds muffled or somewhat attentuated for both (supposing there are drivers who listen to background music while on the circuit).

Fatboy, still have footage where you decline to be overtaken. Furthermore, and with your recent upgrades, it seems that any opportunity to be overtaken has now passed
I dont know what you are talking about...
Appreciate 0