06-08-2015, 12:16 PM   #19
PA135i
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 08 CR-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
No disrespect, but they are way off on this one.
Your charge pipe will fail sooner or later. How you tune your car is not important , more boost will make the charge pipe fail whether it is flash or piggy ( not sure how they think piggy vs flash makes a difference in this case).
Charge pipe failure is the most common component failure, if they said they have not seen any charge pipe fail then they have not modded as many N55 as they say.
They have been in business for 11 years and modded many many cars. My car is a N54 but I do respect their opinion. I know you are in the business of selling charge pipes ..correct? Does that factor in?

I did order an intercooler from you guys so I'm not saying you don't sell quailty parts.

If they are the most common component to fail why haven't they had that experience in 11 years?

Every part will fail on a car eventually.

I also called the tuner today about this. The tune DOES make a difference. OE tuning stays within safe parameters. They told me it is not needed for my N54.

Why would BOTH the tuner and the independent shop tell me for my application it is not needed? Why would they care if I bought one or not?
They were just giving me honest advice.

This post does say N55. I have an N54 so if their is a difference between the two then you may be right. But I will be taking the advice of my shop on my car. My comments are related to my car. I wouldn't have posted to this thread, but I assumed the charge pipes are the same on both.
Sparkling Graphite Metallic / 6MT / Terracotta Boston Leather / Sport Package / Comfort Access system / Gray Poplar wood trim / Heated front seats / iPod and USB adapter / HD radio / Premium hi-fi system / OE Tuning / VRSF Intercooler & charge pipe / BMW Performance short shift kit / BMW M Performance Handbrake Handle / BMW Stainless steel pedals / V1 hardwired / rear sun shades Pennsylvania 20 electoral votes

Last edited by PA135i; 06-08-2015 at 01:14 PM..
Appreciate 0