View Single Post
      10-22-2007, 07:10 PM   #1
juniormint
Private
Rep
Drives: soon to be 135i

Camber Adjustments?

Anyone know how much camber adjustments will be available in the 1, I'm not really expecting much from the factory but I know on my mini that I have know of all the suspension work I have on it, it was the camber that made the most corner hugging difference.

Also I know the theories for FWD but with RWD what are you looking for? My mini has -1.9 in the front and -1 in the rear with a 25mm rear sway so it claws through corners. I want to get similar cornering ability from the 1 but I need to learn how to work with RWD dynamics

When I drive my dads E46 M3 it seems that the front wheels are not to edger to turn and the rear wheels are seemingly lifting up the back end, especially the inside, pulling the car out of the turn. My mini on the other hand, the front is seemingly throughs out grappling hooks to pull through the turn while the rear is following a nice arch working the car through the turn. So my opinion is basically my mini wants to corner while the M would rather not. Now I know comparing a factory car to a heavily mod'd car like my mini is kind of apples to oranges and so is FWD to RWD but what I want to know is if I can get a 1 to through out the hooks like my mini?
Appreciate 0