11-13-2011, 07:29 PM   #18
Pete_vB
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '69 GT3, GT4, 1M, 912

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer22 View Post
We sold 4 1Ms at MSRP. And that's all we sold.

I'm ordering for 3 M5's at MSRP.

We don't mark up our cars. Some clients get amazing deals where the dealer actually loses $1500-$4000 on 1 car!!! Believe me the profit now comes mostly from parts and service. There is really no gross profit from car sales.

Corporate has taken over most dealerships and it's more for them and less for the employee.

Most and I mean more than 80% of sales people nowadays make an average of $200 per car sale. All bonuses are gone. Hours are extended.

We see record profits from the Dealer and from the Manufacturer and our pay continues to be lowered systematically. So any real money being made is really for the top.

Smaller version of 99% vs 1%

Sales people don't make as much as you think, and yes, there are some cheesy ass salespeople out there. I know because when I called around for the 1M, I couldn't believe my ears.
First, I must congratulate the dealership on running an honest operation. Given the competition that's deeply appreciated.

Second, it seems to me that you of all people should be pissed off at Pacific BMW. These guys seem to be screwing you almost as much as their customers. They give dealers a bad name on every level- huge profit taking, terrible service, hurting BMW AG's image and reputation, outright lying. All of which has customers looking to anything they can to avoid dealers (auto-brokers, etc), which eventually means less money in your pocket.

I realize you're doing a getting a tough deal these days, especially getting lumped in with Pacific. But don't look for the silver lining in their practices by thinking that at least they are screwing rich people- these guys need to be shunned at much as possible it they are ever going to change their ways. I'd never consider buying anything from these guys, and I'd go far out of my way to insure their practices are not rewarded.

I wish I (or we as a board) could insure that whoever buys that car knows the history- the better business bureau at least should get a complaint on file for this kind of thing.