05-15-2011, 01:22 PM   #71
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Turbo View Post
If BMW actually bothered to give brand new parts to 1M instead of blindly taking them from another M model, M3 (which is a first by the way), I would have more respect for 1M.

The fact that them not even bothering to give 1M different wheels tells you something. I understand the engine replacement wouldn't be cost effective for a short production window but there are other parts like wheels, suspension, steering wheel, pedals, etc that they could easily create new parts. What did they do instead? They stole them from the M3, the car that they knew is successful and proved itself. So no risk of people not liking the rims or brakes not performing well. In my opinion, an M should have its own unique characteristics and this car doesn't. This is probably why its not called M1, but 1M like X5M or X6M. Its not a true super car, but an affordable patched up version of an entry level 1 series.

At least they could give 1M a different set of wheels! Come on! How expensive is that? They should have made something unique about this car.

No matter what autoblog does or how this car performs, in the eyes of the car enthusiasts, this will always be the case. 1M will never be treated same way as M5 or M6. Sad, but true.
It's easy to armchair quarterback or nonsensically nitpick from behind a keyboard.

Quote:
"In the eyes of car enthusiasts "
please... Apparently all of the pre-drive participants, automotive journalists, and now OWNERS that now disagree (none of whom apparently qualify as enthusiasts apparently, based on your definition) with you and yet you persist with such drivel. Since you are the only enthusiast whose opinion you value, I beg of you.. Please go DRIVE the 1M before you embarass yourself further...

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 05-15-2011 at 01:30 PM..
Appreciate 0