Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: I love massive black cocks

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyNoodle View Post
A bit off topic but maybe you guy's can give me a bit of advice for bringing my bike in from the UK?

UPS seem to be the best option price wise but they have a lot of options that can be added to their base service and I can't quite work out what I need and what I don't need.

These are the options:
  • Pickup - self explanatory means they pick it up.
  • Delivery - I presume this means delivered to my door
  • Customs Clearance - adds quite a bit to the price
  • Hold at Airport for pick up - It would be easier for me to pick it up than to try to be at home when they attempt a delivery.
  • Delivery Duties Paid
  • Delivery Duties Unpaid

My bike is currently at my Brothers house in London and it's value is about 3000 GBP (but would cost around $10k if I had to buy it here) so it's going to be well worth my while to get it here.

I've tried to call UPS to get them to explain it all but couldn't get on to anyone with a brain!

What do you think would happen if I were to tick the Delivery option but not the Customs Clearance? I would imagine that Delivery should include Customs Clearance otherwise how could they deliver it to my door?

Thoughts and suggestions??
If you don't do Customs Clearance you will have to pay the fee to a customs broker that UPS will choose.

I suggest for ease of transport and hassle (and possibly a few dollars by not involving yet another shipping partner), to get UPS to handle it all including clearance.
Appreciate 0