View Single Post
      08-14-2017, 09:40 AM   #41
Greg@DetailedImage
United_States
Rep
Drives: clean and protected

Hi -

Since you do not have access to a hose, you should become familiar with rinseless and waterless washes. They are an outstanding way to wash your vehicle without the need for a hose.

Check out Optimum No Rinse for a great Rinseless Wash product and/or CarPro EcH2O for a great Waterless Washing Product. Each can also be used as a clay lubricant and quick detail spray depending on how you dilute them.

Instead of M105, I would recommend Meguiar's M100. It is a bit more user friendly than M105 and will still produce outstanding results.

For a beginner set of pads, I have always recommended the following:
- Microfiber Cutting Pads
- Light Cutting Pads
- Polishing Pads
- Fine Finishing Pads (for spreading waxes and sealants)

I recommend purchasing 5" and 3" backing plates and 2 of each pad in the 5" size and 1 of each pad in the 3" size. I have found that these sizes allow for the best performance and access on the majority of vehicles. The 6.5" pads are just a bit too big for the smaller machines to handle so you will lose some performance when it comes to defect removal.

The Griot's Garage 3rd Gen DA Machine is a great choice! It is the machine I recommend to every DIYer.

We have several great clay bar options. I would recommend a simple fine grade clay bar, and you can use the previously mentioned Optimum No Rinse as a clay lubricant.

The steps for the entire process are outlined in detail in our Detailing Guide.

You might also find this article and video helpful for the paint correction work:
Two Step Paint Correction Overview

Let me know if you have any questions!

Zach McGovern
Professional Detailer
Detailed Image Ask-A-Pro Blog Author
Appreciate 0